- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Green Peas Pulao Rice Recipe in Indian Style
I am here to share one of my healthy recipe.
This hub teaches you how to make Green Peas Pulao Rice South Indian Madras style recipe. This is a simple, delicious and quick recipe to prepare. Before getting into the recipe, let us take a look at health benefits of Peas.
Peas have some of good health benefits as follows.
- Weight management
- Stomach cancer prevention
- Strong immune system
- High energy
- Prevention of wrinkles
- Prevention of Alzheimer’s
- Prevention of Arthritis
- Prevention of bronchitis
- Prevention of osteoporosis
- Blood sugar regulation
- Heart disease prevention
- Prevent Constipation
- Healthy bones
- Reduces bad cholesterol
If people have problems like kidney disorder, they should not have green peas
Tasty Peas Pulso
Peas pulao South Indian Madras style recipe
- 1 cup Basmati Rice, (Thoroughly washed)
- 100 ml Ghee or Butter
- 1 cup Fresh Green peas
- 2 pieces Cinnamon stick
- 3 pieces Cloves
- 2 pieces Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Red chillies, (cut in to pieces)
- 100 grams Big onion, (cut in to small pieces)
- 1/4 tea spoon Turmeric
- 11/2 tea spoon Salt, (or as required)
- 2 cup Water
- Coriander leaves, (for garnishing)
- Soak rice for 15 minutes in water. Drain water and keep the rice aside.
- In a pressure cooker, put butter or ghee and heat it.
- In the same cooker; add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to it; fry for a minute, add red chilies and onions.
- Fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add fresh green peas inside the pan and mix well with rest of the ingredients.
- Now add salt and turmeric to it
- After few minutes, add rice to it and stir.
- Now pour down water and close the lid. Allow them to give 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and keep the cooker away.
- Once the pressure is down, shift the Peas pulao to a separate serving bowl or vessel.
- Garnish the cooked Peas pulao with chopped coriander leaves.
- Peas pulao can be served with Raita or Pickle or any gravy.
Best side dish for Green peas pulao recipe
I have my hubpage with recipe for Chilli Gobi 65 or Cauliflower Chilli, which will be the best side dish for this Green peas pulao recipe.
I have shared my hubpage URL for this side dish recipe - Chilli Gobi 65. Take a look at the hub for your side dish.
To know more about Chill Gobi 65 recipe, click my hubpage link here.
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha