How to make the perfect Rocky Road - An easy chocolate rocky road recipe for kids
Why try this recipe?
This is the simplest recipe for a great Rocky Road treat. It is a great recipe to make with children or for a children's party (or just for a naught adult treat). Its not healthy, its majorly calorific I should think, but sometimes we all want a little treat.
Its cheap and easy and can be made to your taste just by adding or changing a few of the extra ingredients.
Totally yummy and moorish, it won't last long!
Rate this Recipe
Cook Time/Set time
- 100g Butter
- 400g Milk Chocolate, Broken into chunks
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallows
- 100g Raisins
- 100g Biscuits, Roughly broken
- Melt the butter - this can either be done over boiling water or on a low heat in a microwave. I find 1 minute on the lowest setting will be enough
- Separately melt the chocolate pieces - again this can be done over hot water or in the microwave on a low hear. I find it easiest to heat for 30 seconds at a time on the lowest microwave setting, making sure to stir it in between each time.
- Combine the melted butter and chocolate, mixing well. Add all the other ingredients and mix together
- Pour the whole mixture into a shallow baking tin or cake tin and place on a shelf in your fridge to set for a few hours.
- When set, remove from fridge and slice into cubes with a sharp knife.
- White chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Chopped Cherries
- Fudge Chunks
- Dried Fruit
- Chopped Nuts
- And anything else you fancy trying
My Other Sweet Recipes
- How to make muffins - Dark chocolate muffin recipe
This hub gives you a recipe for dark chocolate muffins and instructions on how to bake muffins. This is a simple and quick muffin recipe that would be fun to bake with your children.
- Christmas Smarties Cookie Recipe in a Jar
Fancy giving your friends and family some home made gifts this year, why not try some cookie mix in a jar? This is a great Smarties, chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookie recipe mix that'll fit nicely in a 1 quart jar.
- Great Pancake Recipes
I've tried lots of different pancake recipes over the years, with all sorts of yummy fillings. So here are a few interesting ones to try this Pancake Day, or any day!