- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Indian Chai - Ginger and Cardamom (Elaichi) Tea
India chai is a combination of aromatic tea leaves, ginger, cardamom, sugar and milk. Tea is know for it's rejuvenating character and it fills you back with refreshing energy.
Tiered from the days work, a cup of tea, sipping it sitting on your chair, watching the nature outside of your patio or watching the TV, is one of the best experience of life !
- Two Spoons Indian Tea leaves, Wagh bakri and Red Label available @ Amazon
- 2-3 spoons Sugar, as per taste
- 1 cup Milk
- half cup water
- Some Ginger
- 6-8 Cardamom
- Take the tea pan and put water into it and keep it to boil
- Add Sugar and Slices of Ginger or 8 peeled cardamoms, you can choose between cardamom or ginger as per your taste for a given day.
- Let it boil nicely
- Add Tea powder and let it boil to get a brownish black color
- Add milk and let it boil as shown in the image
- Once it's boiling hot, filter it into the tea cup and you have your tea cup ready for a tasty sip :)
** Facts about Tea by Great Hubber Denise **
- All About Tea: The History of Tea and Other Fun Facts
If you enjoy a good cup of tea you may be interested in how tea became so popular. Read the history, health benefits and other fun facts in this hub.