Instant Pot Vegetarian Barley Vegetable Soup
Vegetarian Barley Soup
Vegetarian Barley Vegetable Soup
This is a really easy soup made in your Instant Pot. It's very forgiving so you cannot mess it up. It's a great soup for when you don't feel well and just need to feel comforted.
High in fiber, low in salt, and great for heart health and intestinal health.
Most of the ingredients are estimated. You can add a little more or less of each depending on your preference.
If you decide to add chicken, add fully cooked when soup is done.
Rather than carry on and on about this recipe, let's just get to it!
- 8 cups liquid, water, vegetable broth, chicken broth, or 4 chicken boulion cubes
- 1 lb Pasta, your choice
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped in about 1/2 inch size
- 4-5 large carrots, chopped in about 1/2 inch coins
- 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper, if spice bothers you, do not add this
- 1 cup barley pearls, uncooked
- Chop vegetables put in Instant Pot
- Put uncooked pasta and barley in instant pot
- Add liquid (broth) and spices. You can add any spice you like that compliments vegetable soup. We use Cayenne Pepper because it has health benefits. But Italian spices are nice also.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure, manual for 3 minutes. Use quick steam release when the timer goes off.
- Serve in bowls, with bread or crackers and enjoy
Rate this soup!
© 2017 Rebecca