Island Bites: Tropical Banana & Walnuts Pancakes
You could make this recipe using pancake mix. Add 1 large mashed banana per cup of pancake mix, then follow instructions. Adjust the liquid amount if necessary. Add nuts and spices.
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbp butter, melted
- 1 tbp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- walnuts, finely chopped
- a pinch nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter, sugar and egg. Add mashed banana and some chopped walnuts. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix it.
- Heat a large skillet nonstick or griddle over medium.Coat lightly with cooking spray. Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until surfaces of pancakes has some bubbles. Flip pancakes and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup or a chocolate sauce. Top with banana and chopped walnuts.
Spicy Chocolate Sauce
- 4oz semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp butter
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter over medium temperature.
- Add the chocolate and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
- Whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
Recipes you may like:
- Island Bites: Polvorones (Puerto Rican Shortbread Cookies)
Polvorón is a dense and crumbly (shortbread-type) cookie, popular in Latin America, Spain and also Philippines.
- Island Bites: Budín Puertorriqueño (Puerto Rican Bread Pudding)
Budin or Pudin is a very popular dessert in Puerto Rico and Latin America.
- Island Bites: Coconut Cupcakes
Light and fluffy coconut cupcakes recipe.