Island Bites: Brownie Cheesecake Bonbons
Rate this recipe!
A bonbon (or bon bon) is a small candy, usually covered with a thin layer of chocolate. Bonbons are often confused with chocolate truffles. But truffles are made of a thick chocolate ganache, rolled in cocoa powder. Instead, a bonbon is a sweet confection like praline, fruit mousse or caramel, cover with a thin hard chocolate shell.
This recipe combines two american favorites.These decadent bonbons are filled with layers of delicious fudgy brownie and fluffy almond cheesecake.
Brownie Cheesecake Bonbons
- 1 cup brownie batter, (Island Bites: Fudgy Brownies)
- 1 cup cheesecake batter, (Island Bites: Almond Cheesecake)
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- Use your favorite recipe for the cheesecake batter.
- You could use your favorite brownie recipe, or even a store bought brownie mix. But if you want to make brownies from scratch, try my rich Fudgy Brownies. (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F. Line mini cupcake pans with mini cupcake liners.
- Add two teaspoons of brownie to each liner. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of cheesecake batter to each brownie. Bake for 10 to 12 more minutes or until de cheesecake is set.
- Let it cool completely and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler (bain-marie). Add a tablespoon of oil. and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove the liner. Dip the bonbons in melted chocolate. Place each bonbon on the baking sheet. Let the chocolate set.
Click to check my Almond Cheesecake recipe
- Island Bites: Almond Mini Cheesecakes
This recipe adds a nutty twist to a classic dessert. It is a delicious treat for cheesecake lovers.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped almonds (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee and baking powder.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add the chopped almonds. Mix until combined.
- Bake in a lined pan for 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Island Bites: Polvorones (Puerto Rican Shortbread Cookies)
Polvorón is a dense and crumbly (shortbread-type) cookie, popular in Latin America, Spain and also Philippines.
- Island Bites: Vegan Almond Cupcakes
This is a delicious vegan recipe. It has no eggs and no dairy products. The cupcakes are light and fluffy.