- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Japanese Beef Bowl Recipe (Gyudon) - A Quick And Easy Dish
This is another miracle dish for busy family, Gyudon. It is part of donburi (Japanese rice bowl dishes) family. This sweet savory dish consist of beef slices, shirataki noodle and onion which are simmered in dashi stock, soy sauce and mirin; served on top of warm steamed rice. Pickled ginger and poached egg are sometime added to complete the meal.
This super tasty dish is very easy to fix. You will have need no more than 30 minutes to enjoy it. The ingredients and cooking process are very simple. No special cooking skill is needed for fixing Gyudon. It's filling, warm and comforting. Perfect to feed a hungry crowds.
This recipe calls shirataki noodle as ingredient. It's a kind of noodle made of konjac yam (devil's tongue yam) which is very low in calorie.
What You Need
8 oz beef, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bundle shirataki noodle
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp mirin
4 bowls of steamed rice
How to Fix
- Put the shirataki noodle in hot boiling water. Cook over high heat until the noodle is soft but aldente. Then drain. Cut into 2-inches lengths. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Bring this mixture to a rolling boiling. Then add the beef. Cook the beef until it's changing color but half done. Remove the beef and transfer to a plate.
- Add spring onions and the shirataki noodle. Simmer the noodle for about 3 minutes. Return the beef into the saucepan. Continue to simmer about 1 minute. Divide the cooked beef into 4 equal portions.
- Transfer the beef on top of steamed rice. Ladle 2 tablespoon of sauce over the beef. Serve it warm.
- Easy Japanese Stuffed Mushroom (Shiitake Nikozume) Recipe
How to make Japanese stuffed mushroom. A really tasty finger food.
- Japanese Hot Pot Sukiyaki Recipe
Sukiyaki is very well-known Japanese dish.