Jello Poke Cake
What did you think?
A few years ago my mother made this cake for a cook out and i about fell over my self trying to get seconds before it was gone. My family raved about it so much that it is almost a do or die dish to pass for all future events. Also this cake is perfect for any occasion as you can choose any flavor jello you would like. I have it every year for my birthday and make if for almost every occasion that requires a dish to pass or a cake, I never have left overs to take home. :(
INGREDIENTS - CAKE
- 1 WHITE CAKE MIX, I USE BETTY CROCKER
- 4 EGG WHITES, MAKES FOR A MOISTER CAKE
- 1 1/4 CUPS WATER
- 1/3 CUP OIL
- 4 OZ PKG JELLO, (ITS HARD TO FIND A 4OZ NOW FOR ANY SIZE WILL DO)
- 1 1/2 CUPS WATER, 1 CUP BOILING 1/2 COLD
- BAKE CAKE FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON BACK OF BOX, I FIND THAT A 13X9 CAKE PAN IS THE BEST. ANOTHER LITTLE HINT: PUT A PAN OF WATER ON A RACK BELOW THE CAKE TO HELP KEEP MOISTURE IN THE AIR WHEN BAKING.
- LET CAKE COOL FOR 15 MINUTES IN THE PAN. TAKE A FORK AND POKE HOLES INTO THE CAKE. THESE HOLES WILL LET THE JELLO INTO THE CAKE CREATING A MARBLE EFFECT.
- SIRT BOILING 1CUP OF BOILING WATER INTO JELLO MIX, WHEN DISSOLVED ADD 1/2 CUP OF COLD WATER. POUR OVER THE CAKE, PLACE IN THE REFRIGERATOR FOR 3 HOURS THEN TOP WITH COOL WHIP FROSTING (RECIPE LINK PROVIDED AT END.)
- LINK TO FROSTING RECIPE http://hazeleyedbeauty.hubpages.com/hub/JELLO-POKE-CAKE-FROSTING