- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Quick Recipe: Left Over Turkey Soup
For a warm and nourishing meal, here is a quick comforting soup using your left over turkey with some basic ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry.
Once cooked, this soup can be stored in the freezer for about a week (or more) for your later consumption.
Also great for hang-over.
- Cooked turkey (including bones)
- Olive Oil
- Bacon bits or spam chopped in tiny cubes
- Chopped Onion
- Clove minced garlic
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- Celery chopped in tiny cubes
- Lemon Grass
- Fresh small chilli pepper (optional)
- Mixed frozen vegetables (carrots, peas, sweet corn)
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
- Fine ground black pepper to taste
- Eggs (optional and can be poached or boiled)
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté’ garlic and onion.
- Add Knorr chicken cube, mash it and add bacon bits or spam in tiny cubes
- Add the cooked left over turkey. Pour water and keep it boiling until meat is shredded and detached from the bone.
- Add mixed vegetables and continue boiling.
- Simmer and add celery and lemon grass (and chili pepper, if using).
- Put salt or fish sauce according to taste.
- Add just a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Add peeled, boiled egg or poached egg (as desired)
- Simply serve with garlic bread or salad.
Why this soup will help wash away the aftermath of your blissful drinking session?
Too much alcohol consumption can cause stomach problem and often times is the result of unpleasant digestive side effects. The turkey soup will help replace some nutrients, which has been depleted by the diuretic effects of alcohol such as water and sodium. If adding egg in the soup, the egg yolk will help break down the hangover-causing toxin. The amino acid from the egg will help break down the toxins from your liver.
As well, the omegas from the egg will help fight inflammation caused by alcohol and will help diminish the unpleasant side effects of alcohol on your body specially on your skin, most specially on your face. Yeah, that egg face above!
Rate this soup!
I hope you find this recipe useful.
I'd appreciate your feedback at the bottom of this hub and please don't forget to rate the recipe.
More recipes from my kitchen:
- No-bake, Low-fat Strawberry Cheesecake
Simply delightful and easy cheesy dessert without baking. You'll surely love this!
- Royal Dessert - Spotted Dick Anyone?
Spotted Dick is a famous British dessert made of eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, flour, milk and currant or raisins. Rich in calories. Made in heaven!
- How to Roast a Turkey - 10 Easy Steps
Glorious, crispy brown, succulent, roasted turkey! Are you ready for your turkey? Here's a no sweat, very straight forward procedure on how to get that tender, juicy roasted turkey with no muss, no fuss and a lot less mess.
Copyright@CrisSp~TM / 11-2012. Fearless but not Heartless!
© 2012 CrisSp