- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Lemon Dill Salmon with Tarter Sauce
It's no secret how healthy salmon is and most of us don't get enough of it. The recommended 2-3 times a weeks is sometimes hard to adhere to. To make this more manageable it helps having recipes that are just as easy to make as spaghetti.This is my favorite quick and easy go-to recipe. Pare it with your favorite rice and a side a vegetables and you have yourself a well balanced, healthful meal.
Plus once you see how easy it is to make delicious fresh tarter sauce you will never buy it again!
Ingredients for Salmon
- 6 ounce Salmon filet, one per person
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- dry dill
Ingredients for Tarter Sauce
Each batch serves 3-4 people
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon relish, dill or sweet*
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dry dill
*I personally prefer sweet relish but you'll have to try both and decide for yourself.
- Preheat your oven to 425'F
- Choose a pan you can fit all your fish fillets without overlapping any. Coat the bottom of your pan with olive oil.
- Wash and pat dry your fish fillets. Lay in a single layer in your pan. Don't overlap and when possible put the thicker side towards the edge of the pan.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of each fillet. About 1 tablespoon per fillet should be good. Do the same with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Bake in a 425'F oven for 12-14 minutes or until the fish is cooked trough. It should flake and be completely opaque, no translucency at all.
- While the fish is baking. Combine all the tarter sauce ingredients in a small bowl. That's it... that's how easy it is to make tarter sauce.
- Serve fish warm with tarter sauce.