- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Lemongrass and ginger chicken soup recipe
A wonderful soup in the monsoon when you need something hot and healthy
Making your own soup at home when it's raining outside and you are hungry is the most healthy and also satisfying thing to do. Specially when you want something quick, hot, healthy and tasty.
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1 inch ginger, knob
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, large
- 0.5 lettuce, small
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Cook the chicken and tear it into pieces.
- Cut the lemongrass stalk in two and bruise heavily.
- Heat a bit of oil in a small stockpot, add ginger and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken and lemongrass, stir for a few minutes and add stock and chilli. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the onion and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add carrot, cook for three-four minutes and add chilli oil and lettuce. Serve immediately