- Food and Cooking»
- Food Markets & Shops
Lexington, Kentucky Farmers' Markets, U-Pick Farms and Fall Leaf Peeping Tours
The Bluegrass Region in Central Kentucky is one of the most welcoming areas in the South,particularly in the crisp and golden days of autumn.
With its nearly 200 varieties of native and imported trees, Kentucky opens a festival of colors to flutter in the sunlit canopies above the highways, trails, and waterways around the Kentucky River. Connected as a tributary of the Ohio River, the Kentucky River cuts the Palisades through Bluegrass country, leaving cliffs lined with colorful trees each fall. Paddlewheeler tours and fishing trips afford visitors a close-up view of it all.
Fall foliage adventures can be combined with visits to local farmers' markets.
Fall Leaf Tours
The Inn at Shaker Village
- Saturdays from end of September to the first weekend in November 2: Free guided folliage hike at 1:30pm. Half marathon on the trails in the later part of the fall season.
- Paddlewheel tours take visitors past the Palisades in the Blue grass region of Central Kuntucky. The Palisades are cliffs cut by the Kentucky River long ago. Deciduous trees along this area provide a beautiful color palette in the fall. A paddlewheeler launches frequently from Shaker Village from April through October.
- Farm Festivals and other harvest and family oriented events are also held by the inn. See www.shakervillageky.org
Oser Landing Park
- This is the north terminus of the Legacy Trail through autumn leaves and other sights. Find out about the leaf coloring in Kentucky from late September through early November by calling the ColorFall Kentucky Hotline at (800) 225-8747.
Bluegrass Scenic Railroad and Museum - An all-volunteer organization.
- This Bluegrass country attractions 90-minute provides rides through the fall colors and the hills of Central Kentucky.Even more fun, the trains offer a Mystery Dinner Ride in which riders can solve a mystery. One mystery features the characters of Star Trek®.
- Call 800-755-2476 for more information and reasonable prices.
Kentucky Horse Park
- This park is at one end of the Legacy Trail that proceeds through Autumn Leaf country. Kentucky Horse Park is a real operating horse farm and theme park dedicated to the horse. it offers riding, museums, horse shows, and several other attractions. See map below and call 800-678-881.
Lexington Area Fall Foliage Sites
Located on the Legacy Trail.
Horse and pony rides are offered at reasonable rates on trails full of colorful trees through October. Located on the Legacy Trail.
The Legacy Trail for bikes and the Isaac Murphy Memorial Art Garden are at this location. the trail runs to the Kentucky Horse Park.
A major portion of Tom Dorman State Nature Preserve and the Kentucky Palisades lis between Danville and Lexington.
Bluegrass Region of Kentucky
Distances From Lexington KY
Distance in Miles
Oser Landing Park
At the AZUR
AZUR Farmers' Bazaar
Farms and Markets: Made In Kentucky
Azur Restaurant & Patio Farmer's Bazaar - Specializes in local foods.
- Saturdays from 9:00am to 3:00pm. All-Kentucky produced products: produce, meats, honey, flowers. The Chef uses items from the market for a special menu on Saturday mornings and Sunday evenings.each month sees a different themed dinner on the menu as well.
- 3070 Lakecrest Circle in Lexington. Call (859) 296-1007.
Bi-Water Farm & Greenhouse
- This farm near Oser Landing Park maintains a five-acre corn maze, hayride, haunted farm house, Enchanted Barnyard, and a train ride around the farm.
- 877 Cincinnati Rd, Georgetown KY. Call (502) 863-3676.
Bluegrass Farmers' Market
- Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings April through October at 3450 Richmond Road and 3101 Clays Mill Road in Lexington. This market even has catnip!
- Visit their blog at www.localharvest.org/blog/29529/
Boyd ’s Orchard in Versailles
- Apple cider, pumpkins and near the Bluegrass Scenic Railroad and Museum.
- 1396 Pinckard Pike Versailles KY, 40383. Call (859) 873-3097.
Evans Orchard, Cider Mill, Farm Market and Pumpkin Patch
- 180 Stone Road, Georgetown KY 40324. Call (502) 863-2255.
- This is near Oser Landing Park.
Lexington Farmers' Market
Lexington Farmers' Market
- Open since 1975, this market is open anywhere from April through November in at least 4 different locations. It holds an annual dinner and parking is free at all locations. The market offers locally grown heirloom produce, herbs, flowers, honeys, game meats, local wines, cheese, breads, pastas, seafood, soap, pottted plants, and other items. Thy also have an online store. Visit lexingtonfarmersmarket.com/
- Several Lexington attractions feature fall leaves to enjoy (see map above).
24-Hour Roadside Stand
24-Hour Self-Serve Roadside Stand
Tates Creek Self Serve Vegetables
- This is incredible! At the intersection of Tates Creek Road & Crawley Lane in Lexington KY, 40505. Cash only and 20% of each purchase is donated to the local homeless shelter. Call (859) 229-1873.
U-Pick Orchards and Farms
- Apples. 4954 Paris Pike, Lexington KY, 40511. Call (859) 299-2254 for an appointment any time of the year.
- Fruits, Squashes, and Pumpkins. Also a huge corn maze and larger pumplin patch. Large outdoor farmers' market.
- 6483 Old Richmond Road, Lexington KY 40515. Open three days per week -- Call (859) 948-8700.
Reed Valley Orchard
- Berries, with a Blueberry Festival in late June. 239 Lail Lane, Paris KY 40361. Call (859) 987-6480.
Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati Farmers' Markets
- Best Produce Stands and Farmers' Markets Near Cincinnati
Founded in 1788, Cincinnati is home to numerous farm markets in the 21st Century. One of the largest provides seasonal hunting opportunities alongside its fruits and vegetables.
- Best Fall Foliage Tours, Moonbows and Farm Market Getaways In the Cumberland Plateau Region Of Kentu
Additional Lexington and Kentucky Attractions
- Johnny Depp's Birthplace - Owensboro KY
The entire state of Kentucky is rightfully proud of their Favorite Son, Jonny Depp, and his accomplishments. His hometown is proud of many other things as well.
- Top 15 Hot Jobs in Lexington KY - A Smart City
Lexington, Kentucky is a Smart City and a great place to travel, showing its attractiveness in many ways.
- Attractions and High Demand Jobs in Nicholasville - ...
Kentucky is known for its beautiful natureal scenes and horse farms, but also for biotechnology businesses in its fast growing metro areas.