Linguine Carbonara Mmm Good
A great recipe I picked up in Italy
I learned a few recipes while on my travels. I would say this is probably my favorite one though. My family and I eat this usually once a week. It goes great with fresh Italian bread that you dip in olive oil.
2 Chicken breasts
8oz Cooked bacon - crumbled
4 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 Tspn cracked red pepper
1/4 Tspn ground black pepper
1 Med egg
8oz Heavy cream
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Grill chicken breasts, cut into strips, and set into olive oil.
2. Cook bacon till crisp.
3. Drain and crumble until it equals 1 cup.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet. Then add garlic, red and black pepper, and bacon.
5. Saute over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream and then bring to a full boil.
6. Add grilled chicken strips and leave it in there for 2 minutes.
7. Add noodles and return to a boil (approximately 2 minutes).
8. Remove from heat.
9. Add 1 egg and stir quickly to prevent the egg from scrambling.
10. Serve in bowls and top with cheese.