- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Loaded Whipped Potato Casserole
Did you top it?
Whipped Potato Casserole
- 5 Large Idaho Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 4 Green onions, Bottoms and tops sliced and separated
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Serrano Pepper, Ribs removed and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- As Needed Milk
- 4 Slices Luncheon Meat Ham, Thinly sliced then chopped
- Aleppo Pepper, Optional
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Peel the potatoes. Slice into 1 inch slices and boil in salt water for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- White the potatoes are boiling, prep the other ingredients. Make this your recipe by using whatever you have on hand and like for toppings for the potatoes.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium high heat. Add the butter. When the butter is melted, add the onion bottoms, garlic, and Serrano. Let it sweat about 3 minutes until your aromatics start to become translucent.
- Drain the potatoes and in the same pot add the butter + aromatics. Add the cream, sour cream, and seasoning. Using a hand mixer press the potatoes into the liquid, then whip until creamy, adding milk as necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 8X10 baking pan. Top with ham, green onion tops, then cheese. Sprinkle Aleppo pepper over top (Optional).
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, just to heat the casserole through and melt the cheese.
© 2017 Melissa Althen