Low Calorie Cinnamon Roll Recipe
The Final Product!
Mexican Style Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese
Here is something new and different for those of you with a sweet tooth to try! If you like cinnamon rolls, but don't want all the calories and fat to go with them, you must give this delicious recipe a try. The sweet combination of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg combined with tasty fat free cream cheese is a mouth watering treat for only about 150 calories.
Not only is this treat low in calories, but it is extremely low in fat as well. In fact, there are only 2 grams of fat per serving. You can enjoy a Mexican style cream cheese cinnamon roll as a snack or desert, even for breakfast, completely guilt free! This recipe is a must if you are trying to drop a few pounds or just want to eat a bit healthier. It is made with sugar. However, it is made with a minimal amount of sugar, and raw sugar can always be substituted, as well. Artificial sweetener substitution is not recommended unless you are diabetic.
It is soft, warm, and sweet inside with a crispy crust for crunching. You get the best of both worlds! It's inexpensive to make and fun to eat. Why not give it a try?
- 2 tortillias, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, fat free
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar, white, granulated
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a meatloaf pan for easy rolling.
- Spread 1/4 cup of fat free cream cheese evenly on each tortilla.
- Lightly sprinkle the sugar and spice combination on the open faced tortillas with a teaspoon.
- Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Roll up the tortillas. Brush or spoon the egg white on both tortillas, completely covering the outer layer so that the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg will stick to the tortillas.
- Place the tortillas in the meatloaf pan full of the remaining sugar and spice combination one at a time. Roll each tortilla until completely covered.
- Use cooking spray on a small baking dish or cover it with aluminum foil. Then arrange the tortillas in the pan for baking.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes to caramelize the sugar and melt the cream cheese.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy a warm Mexican Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll.
- Place the baked tortillas on a cutting board and slice in half making two servings out of each tortilla.
|Serving size: 1/2 tortillia|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 16 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
You will find that you will use about half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Feel free to save what is left and use it in another recipe, perhaps on cinnamon toast.
You may also find it convenient to use the excess cinnamon and sugar mixture in your coffee or tea to give your hot beverage a bit of a sweet, cinnamon flavor on a cold winter's morning, or on a beautiful autumn afternoon.
Please Rate My Recipe
I am so glad you decided to take a look at this delicious recipe. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, or constructive criticism in the comments section below. Also, once you try this tasty dessert, please come on back and rate it; one star being the worst and five stars being the best! ENJOY!
In addition, please visit my page for more tasty, guilt free recipes including snacks, desserts, beverages, and entree's. I've included a few links to get you started. Be healthy, my readers!
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan
More Recipes From Mmargie1966:
- Old Fashioned Refreshing Lemonade Recipe
Enjoy this refreshing beverage all year long, but especially during the hot months of summer.
- A Delicious Low Calorie Salad With Orange
A great, low calorie summer salad that you will love. Guaranteed!
- Delicious Low Calorie Taco Salad
Who's hungry for Taco Salad? Try this recipe with variations and you will have one satisfied family!
- Healthy Snacks for Easy Weight Loss ~ Part 1
Have a look at some yummy treats that will leave you satisfied and guilt-free!
- Healthy Snacks for Easy Weight Loss ~ Part 2
If you have read Healthy Snacks for Easy Weight Loss ~ Part I, here is part II. It includes a few tidbits on spices and another few more healthy recipes.