- Food and Cooking
Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe
Lemon bars are the perfect treat for spring, summer, or just about any season or occasion!
Easy to make, and the perfect combination of sweetness and tartness, these lemon bars will be a hit whenever you make them!
- 2 c flour
- 1 ½ sticks margarine
- 1/8 c sugar
- 1/8 c powdered sugar
- 2 c sugar, divided
- ½ c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- ¼ c lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine margarine, flour and sugars.
- Pat into foil-lined 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
While crust is baking, prepare the filling.
- In a bowl, combine 1 c sugar, flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 1 c sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add lemon juice.
- Combine ingredients from both bowls and pour over hot crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares; dust with powdered sugar.