- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Quick Vegetarian Recipes
A Pita Sandwich and Soup
Easy Vegetarian Recipes
.Vegetarian recipes can include a variety of healthy whole grain breads including pita bread, and an assortment of favorite veggies .Pita bread pocket sandwiches are easy to make and delicious to eat. You can include a slice of low fat cheese along with the vegetables. Lather mustard or mayo on these pocket sandwiches, and the whole family will enjoy munching for lunch, dinner or snack. These litle pita pockets are filled with nutritious ingredients, so you can pat yourself on the back for giving your family and yourself a healthful and delicious sandwich. I always keep a package of pita pockets in the freezer for last minute meals.
- 6 Pita bread pockets
- One cup chopped celery
- One cup chopped tomatoes
- One cup chopped cucumbers
- Two cups Cooked brown rice
- Two cups Grated cheddar or jack cheese
- One cup Chopped black olives
- One cup Black beans
- One-half cup spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado, optional
- Lay out the pita pockets ready to fill
- Spread spicy mustard in both insides of the pita pocket.
- Add two tablespoons of the vegetable mixture in each pocket.
- Add 1/4 cup of rice in each pocket
- Add two tablespoons of black olives in each pocket
- Add three tablespoons of the cheese and beans in each pocket
- Add more of any of the vegetables, rice, beans or cheese as desired.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped avocado for extra taste
Pita Pocket Sandwiches
Serve each pita pocket with a cup of soup or a mixed green salad for lunch or a light dinner. And you will enjoy another easy vegetarian recipe that is also light on the pocketbook.