Mamaws Yummy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Starving Chicken Lovers Fave Casserole
A few nights ago my husband decided he wanted chicken (like usual) and I honestly didn't think I could handle another night of baked or fried chicken this week and I only had $15 on me. SO, I rummaged through a few of my grandmothers old recipe books and found my favorite teenage dish...Spicy Chicken Enchilada Casserole. It isn't as delicious as mamaws but who's food tastes as good as their parents or grandparents??? Well, my chicken loving husband absolutely LOVES it. It's tasty and under $15!
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes w/ Chiles, White can
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Velveeta Shredded Cheese, More or less depending on your taste
- 1 bag Nacho Cheese Dorito's, Family size
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken breast, Shredded
- Boil the chicken for about 20 minutes.
- While your chicken is boiling, mix together the broth, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and rotel in a pot and slowly warm stirring occasionally.
- Take a 9X13 pan (preferably glass) and spray with a non sticking cooking spray. Crush Doritos and place in bottom of baking dish.
- Pre heat your oven for 350 degrees. After chicken is boiled through and cooled, use a fork or your fingers and shred it. Spread over the Dorito's.
- Stir the Rotel mixture one last time and pour over the chicken.
- Spread cheese over the top and bake for 25 minutes.
This recipe is amazing and you don't have to use name brand items! This was my favorite dish as a teen and now it's one of my families favorites...I hope it becomes one of yours as well.