- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Maple Syrup Pan Fried Salmon
Every now and then you may accidentally forget to plan ahead your dinner for the night, and also be in a time crunch. That's why I always like to ensure that I have a stocked freezer of potential meal items (various meats, frozen vegetables, fish etc.) as well as a nice full pantry. This time around, I had about an hour to cook, eat, and get ready to head out. I found some nice salmon in the freezer as well as some couscous in my pantry. So, I decided to make this maple-syrup salmon!
- 1 large fillet Salmon, (enough for 2 portions)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tomato, diced
- Italian/Greek/Oil Based Dressing
- Turn pan on medium heat and sprinkle olive oil onto pan. While pan is heating up combine soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic and couple sprinkles of pepper into a bowl.
- Place salmon onto pan to begin cooking. Sear on one side for 30 seconds, then flip to other side for another 30 seconds. Next, pour the above sauce mixture on top of the salmon until covered - don't worry if the sauce gets all over the pan as that is the best part. The maple syrup will caramelise and the salmon will be able to cook into the sauce. Continue flipping the salmon until it is fully cooked through and no longer a fleshy in colour. It should also flake easily with a fork. This should be about 6 minutes of cooking. Set aside once cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare your couscous per package instructions. Typically it is about 1 minute on stove, 5 minutes sitting off the stove range. Once the couscous is cooked, through in the diced tomatoes, add a few splashes of oil-based dressing of your choice, and toss.
- Serve your salmon over the bed of couscous, with a side of vegetables and you have got yourself a meal in under 20 minutes!
Ingredients for the Dish
Shot of the Salmon with Sauce Just Poured On Top
All Three Dishes, Ready to Go
Some final thoughts - honestly, the maple syrup sauce was DELICIOUS! SO simple to make, and yet so flavourful! Try this recipe out and let me know how you like it :)