- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How To Make Homemade Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
I love Meyer lemons there much sweeter then a regular lemons, and for me nothing says spring time more. There is nothing better then eating under a shade tree with a slice of Meyer lemon pound cake, a glass of Meyer lemon aid, and a few friends to share it with.
Meyer lemons are in season from December through May, but I usually don't buy them until spring has started. They are much sweeter than a regular lemons and have a nice floral aroma. They are wonderful with baked goods, drinks and salad, and I usually keep on hand Meyer lemon curd and marmalade in my pantry. You can substitute with regular lemons but remember they are much more acidic than Meyer lemons so you will need to adjust the recipes to your taste.
I have made this recipe for years now, and it one of the best I know of. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 c flour
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temp
- 2 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- FOR Glaze
- 1 c powder sugar
- 1 tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c hot water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together the sugar and butter. Mix in one egg at a time.
- mix in zest, juice, vanilla, salt, backing powder and sour cream
- slowly mix in flour careful not to over mix
- Pour the batter into loaf pan
- bake for 45 minutes to a hour
- For Glaze Mix powder sugar, juice, zest, vanilla, and water in pot. heat until sugar is deloved and glaze is thick. Drizzel over cake
Mayer Lemon Aid
1 c sugar
3 c water
1c Mayer Lemon juice
Heat one cup of water with sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved
add Lemon juice and water mix well.
Sever with ice.