Michele Albano Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
Michele Albano has her own pie store in Connecticut, and she serves over 40 different varieties of baked goods and pies. Everyone flocks to her pie store to purchase her home cooked bakery goods. Her ingredients are always fresh and seasonal.
Here is Michele Albano Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe. This is absolutely the best pecan pie you will ever make. The crust is super flaky, the pie is a super gooey pecan goodness, and the chocolate adds a nice sweet addition. I guarantee this will be a staple in your home- just like mine. Thank u Michele for your wonderful recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco, Butter flavor is the best.
- 3 Tablespoon Water, for crust
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Bourbon, Jack Daniels is the best
- 1 3 oz package pecans, Reserve 1/4 cup of this for topping the pie
- 3/4 cup semi chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted and kept warm
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping
- You will want your eggs at room temperature- so get these out of the fridge and set on counter till room temperature.
- Get out a large bowl and add your flour, and salt. Sift the flour and salt together to make the flour light and fluffy. Get out your Crisco mix and start to add to your flour bowl. Cut in the Crisco with a potato masher or good fork. Add 1 Teaspoon of ice cold water at a time. Mix after each addition until the dough is soft to the touch and can form a ball.
- Wrap your ball in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes till chilled.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Place your eggs, sugar, corn syrup, molasses, vanilla, bourbon in a bowl and mix. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl at least 2 times while mixing. Add the warm melted butter and mix well.
- Lay your nuts on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for about 5 minutes till they are heated and roasted. Be careful with this because you dont want the nuts to burn.
- When the nuts are roasted- get them out of the oven and chop them well. set aside. Reserve 1/4 of a cup and set aside for topping.
- Get your dough out of the refrigerator and roll thin. Place the rolled dough inside a pie shell and clamp the ends of the pie shell. (I have attached a video on this).
- Add your roasted nuts to the bottom of the pie shell- along with your chocolate chips. Then pour your molasses mixture filling over the nuts and chips. Top the top of the pie with the remainder nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake the pie on the bottom shelf for about 25 minutes. The edges of the filling will rise- but the middle will stay bouncy. The pie will thicken when cooled- so don't over cook it. Let the pie cool for about 2 to 3 hours at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Slice and serve with homemade whipped cream. So delicious.
How to crimp a pie crust
Note from editor
This pie is super easy to make. The bourbon will cook out in the oven so don't be scared to serve this to a child. Make sure you don't burn your pecans when you roast them, and definitely serve this with homemade whipped cream- it makes all the difference. Enjoy Michele Albano Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe.