- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Michele Albano's Coconut Custard Pie
Michele Albano formerly known as Michele Stewart has her own bakery in Norwalk Ct. The award winning bakery believes that pies should be are made by hand, with love! They also only use freshest ingredients, and her recipes were passed down to her by her grandma. Michele has won a ton of awards, and her recipe for her coconut custard pie rates at the top!
Here is Michele Albano's Coconut Custard Pie recipe.It is absolutely to die for. The center is custard like and the top is crunchy. It takes just like a Girl Scout Samo's. Think of this pie as a coconut creme brulee encased in a flaky pastry crust. Thank u Michele for your wonderful recipe.This is now a stable in our hone.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 9inch Pie crust
- If u have time make your own homemade pie crust- if not you can use a ready made pie shell. I like Pillsbury.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Spread the shredded coconut on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven for 2 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on the coconut it burns easy. After 2 minutes toss the coconut and toast for 1 more minute. Remove set aside till cool
- Reset your oven to 375.
- Lets make the filling. Using a hand mixer on medium speed mix together the eggs; sugar and salt. When mixed well add the milk; flour; melted butter; lemon juice; and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the toasted coconut, and pour in the pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is firm in the middle. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- When it is cooled off - stick it in the fridge till it is chilled. You can serve this pie with whipped cream.
If for some reason you do not have unsweetened coconut- you can use sweetened coconut but less the sugar amount from 1 cup to 3/4 cup.
Here is Michele Albano's Coconut Custard Pie recipe. Enjoy.