How to Make Banana Bread Divine
Banana Bread Recipe
©copyright all rights reserved 2012
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
- Yields: Serves 6-8 slices based on preference
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 bananas, large & ripe (see photo)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla, do not use imitation
- 1/2 cup / 1 stick real unsalted butter - softened, do not use margarine
- 2 eggs jumbo size
Correctly Ripe Bananas
©copyright ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012
Mashing the bananas, vanilla and milk | Source
- You will need two medium mixing bowls and a large large mixing bowl which will be your main mixing bowl. You will also need a small bowl to whisk your eggs in.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your bread pan. For some reason, Crisco has always worked the best with this recipe.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl (your main mixing bowl) cream together your butter and sugar. Whip them until they are very light - about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the two eggs until they are bubbly. The butter and sugar should still be whipping - slowly add the eggs to the whipped butter mixture until it is very creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl mash together the bananas, vanilla and milk.
- Begin adding the flour mixture and banana mixture alternately to the butter mixture while beating it on low speed. Constantly scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure the flour mixture doesn't stick to the bowl. Continue adding all of the banana and flour mixture while the mix beats on slow.
- Once all of the ingredients are added, pour the batter into the bread pan and spread it evenly with a spatula. If your oven cooks unevenly and the bread begins to brown too early, place a piece of tin foil over the top of the bread after 45-50 minutes to prevent the top from burning.
- Use your toothpick test to ensure the bread is cooked through the middle!