- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Clusters--Delicious and Easy (No Bake Cookies)
A No-Bake Family Favorite
Chocolate peanut clusters or mocha peanut clusters, as they are called, have been a family favorite for years.
I was given this recipe by my mother-in-law, Mary. She was a great cook and spent many happy hours in her kitchen whipping up delicious cookies and squares. This recipe had been a well-guarded family secret but as Mary got older, she decided to share her favorites with the family. Everyone was so glad she did!
A no-bake cookies may seem like a strange concept but the method is well-suited to recipes for softer cookies. The melted ingredients are key to these cookies setting up as they cool. The advantage of no-bake cookies is that they are quicker to make, so are great when you are short on time or patience but have a hankering for a chewy chocolate snack. With the butter, peanuts, coffee and chocolate, these cookies offer a rich, satisfying flavor.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup (scant) butter
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
Instructions for Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Combine chips, marshmallows, and butter in a large pot and set on very low heat on stove element.
- Add coffee. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts.
- Use a teaspoon and drop cluster cookies on buttered foil-lined pan and place in fridge until set.
Store cookies in tin in fridge or freezer.
How to Make No Bake Cookies
Have You Tried No-Bake Recipes?
© 2007 Athlyn Green