- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Clusters--Delicious and Easy No-Bake Cookies
A No-Bake Family Favorite
Chocolate peanut clusters or mocha peanut clusters, as they are called, have been a family favorite for years.
I was given this recipe by my mother-in-law, Mary. She was a great cook and spent many happy hours in her kitchen whipping up delicious cookies and squares. This recipe had been a well-guarded family secret but as Mary got older, she decided to share her favorites with the family. Everyone was so glad she did!
The no-bake aspect of cookies may seem like a strange concept but the method is well-suited to recipes for softer cookies. The melted ingredients are key to these cookies setting up as they cool. The advantage of no-bake cookies is that they are quicker to make and you don't have to turn your oven on, so these cookies are great when you are short on time or patience but have a hankering for a chewy chocolate snack. With the butter, peanuts, coffee and chocolate, these cookies offer a rich, satisfying flavor.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup (scant) butter
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
Instructions for Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Combine chips, marshmallows, and butter in a large pot and set on very low heat on stove element.
- Add coffee. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts.
- Use a teaspoon and drop cookies on a buttered foil-lined pan and place in fridge until set.
Store cookies in a tin in the fridge or freezer.
Have You Tried No-Bake Cookies?
© 2007 Athlyn Green