- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Molasses Butterball Cookies | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
These cookies were sent to me year after year when I was a soldier by my mom, Dorothy. I never tired of them, The molasses and walnuts just reach out and say home, while it was tradition to share your goodies with the rest of the guys in the unit, I have to confess, I used to stash these away when I could get away with it and save them exclusively for my greedy little chompers. To all of you I say share if you can, but DO Enjoy…
1 Cup Butter, softened
¼ Cup Molasses
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Walnuts, chopped
Preheat Oven to 325 Deg F, (163 C)
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium, for 30 seconds, add molasses and beat till fluffy.
- Add flour to the butter mixture and beat at low speed until well blended , stir in walnuts.
- using about 1 tbsp of dough, shape into an approx 1 inch ball and place about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool roll them in the confectioners sugar to coat.
Yield approx 48 cookies.
See More of the Cupboard Drawer Recipes
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...