Shrimp and Mushroom Stuffed Manicotti
Shrimp and Mushroom stuffed Manicotti
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour
Yields: Serves 4-6
- 1 16-20 oz jar Vodka Sauce, A smooth flavored tomatoe sauce
- 1/3 Cup Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb Shrimp, Finely Chopped
- 1 Whole Portabella Mushroom, Finely Chopped, substitute mushroom type to taste
- 1 14-18 oz package Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesian Cheese, Finely Shredded
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Finely Shredded
- 2 packages Manicotti Pasta, 25-30 Pieces
- Spray bake-ware with non stick spray. Boil raw shrimp for 2-3 minutes being very careful not to overcook. The shrimp will bake thoroughly so should be slightly undercooked at this step. Drain water from shrimp and dump into ice water to stop all cooking process. Drain shrimp, pat dry with paper towel and finely chop.
- Combine all Ingredients except Vodka Sauce, Mozzarella and Manicotti noodles in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
*Do not cook the pasta, it will absorb sauce during the baking process to come out a fine al Dente texture.
- Fill ziploc bag with mixture. Cut corner of ziploc bag to create a "piping" or "pastry" bag.
- Scatter vodka sauce thinly on bottom of bake-ware. Use piping bag to fill each piece of manicotti with the mixture and place them side by side in the bake ware of your choice.
- Cover manicotti with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated 400 degree oven or until cheese and any visible pasta start to brown.
- Let stand 20 minutes for sauce to thicken and absorb. Top with Italian Parsley or other fresh green herb and serve