Mouthwatering, Easy Roasted Lemon Chicken Recipe
This is a juicy take on roasted chicken that produces a delicious, thin sauce from the drippings. It is light, yet full of bold flavor! Even better, this recipe has no major allergens or gluten, so hopefully everyone in your family can enjoy it!
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Thyme Leaves
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 3 Lemons
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion Chopped
- 4 Bone-In Chicken Breasts
- Place four bone-in chicken breasts in a glass dish. Fill the dish with some water, which will mix with the drippings to make a delicious, thin sauce for the chicken.
- Generously season the chicken to your liking with: garlic powder, onion powder, minced garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, thyme leaves, or fresh rosemary.
- Wash three lemons well using a scrub brush. Thinly slice two of the lemons and remove the seeds. Apply all the slices all over the chicken.
- Then squeeze the juice of 1 additional lemon all over the chicken.
- Finely chop 1/2 yellow pepper and 1/2 vidalia onion and sprinkle on top.
- Bake the chicken at 375 degrees F for at least an hour and until the chicken registers 170 degrees F in the middle. If the skin and toppings begin to brown too quickly, cover them loosely with foil.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let the chicken cool down a bit. Slice and serve with the drippings and toppings. Enjoy!
© 2018 Jillian Erin