- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
NEW how to pipe easy buttercream roses for cupcakes
New technique for piping buttercream roses
This new technique for piping buttercream roses uses only a plastic bag and a pair of scissors. Most buttercream roses tutorials need specialist piping tips, a lot of patience and can be tricky for beginners to master. But this new method is fast, simple and looks beautiful.
Follow these steps:
1. Choose a plastic bag that is strong and sturdy so it can take the pressure of piping out the buttercream without splitting.
2. Fill the bag with buttercream. If you want you flowers to have two-tones you can either add two different colors of buttercream or paint stripes of gel colour inside your bag before filling it with buttercream.
3. Cut your piping bag in the design shown on the video - a small triangle that opens up to be two squares on opposite sides of the bag.
4. Hold your bag over your cupcake. Turn your wrist of the hand that is holding the cupcake as far as it will go in one direction.
5. In one movement squeeze the bag and twist your other hand around as far as it will go. This makes a rose swirl on the cupcake.
6. To add the leaves make a leaf cut in the bag and as you pipe pull in and out to give a vein looking effect.
Simply amazing, easy elegant and beautiful cupcakes in less than 10seconds! Watch the video below for a demonstration.