Easy Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
Simple and quick - these cookies are sure to please
I am always looking at new, easy recipes to make my kids for snacks. I found this original recipe on Pinterest recently. I actually changed the recipe a bit to fulfill my love for peanut butter cookies. I have found peanut butter and Nutella to be a match made in Heaven in the past, so I thought mixing the two ingredients would make for a great cookie. It most certainly does make for a delicious one! The recipe is so simple, it is really easy to whip up the cookies in the afternoon. I actually made them during quiet time and had them as a snack afterwards for the kids. Well, I had some, too, I just can't resist a glass of cold milk with cookies fresh from the oven.
The great thing about this recipe is that it only has 4 ingredients. All you have to do is soften the Nutella and peanut butter in the microwave to make mixing the ingredients easier. Then add the softened mixture into the large mixing bowl with the flour and an egg. There is no additional sugar added to the recipe beyond what is in already in the Nutella and peanut butter. So these are a fairly healthy snack or dessert for kids (or adults). The four ingredients blend very nicely into a soft dough. If the dough is a little too crumbly or dry for you, just add some more Nutella or peanut butter. This will help the dough stick together better.
Then, roll the dough into about 1 inch balls. There is enough dough to make about a dozen and a half cookies. You might be able to stretch it to two dozen if you make the balls a little smaller. Place the cookie dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet and use a fork to smash them down into about 1/4 inch thick cookies. I criss-cross my fork lines to make the traditional tic-tac-toe pattern found on peanut butter cookies. That's the way my mom used to do it, too. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as the kids (and me) did. They disappeared within a couple of hours, the kids kept sneaking into the kitchen to get another one!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
Making the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place one cup flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Measure out the Nutella and place in a microwave safe bowl. Measure out the peanut butter and add it to the Nutella.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the Nutella and peanut butter get fairly soft and runny. This makes it easier to mix into the flour.
- Add the softened Nutella and peanut butter to the large mixing bowl with flour in it.
- Add the egg.
- Blend all ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into approximately 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet.
- Smash balls down with a fork (criss-cross the fork lines) so they look like traditional peanut butter cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes. Let the cookies cool a little, serve with a glass of ice cold milk and enjoy!