- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Pasta With Asparagus
Yes, yes, this is one of my simplest recipes yet. Quite honestly, ANYONE could have come up with it. However, sometimes we are pressed for time and it's those "simple" recipes that we tend to overlook.
The highlight of this recipe is, in fact, asparagus because it's my favorite vegetable and I always tend to have them laying around in my fridge. However, this recipe could so easily be used on just about any other vegetable that you prefer. Try it with squash, zucchini, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms.... okay, technically those last two are not vegetables so I'd better stop while I'm ahead. You get the point. Get creative! That's the fun part about this dish!
Rate This Recipe
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushroom slices; cook 3 minutes more. (For extra flavoring, saute onion and peppers with the asparagus)
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper. (Add black olives, crushed garlic and chicken for a better taste)
- Serve with garlic bread or croissants. Eat, and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 LBS Fresh Asparagus, Trimmed and cut into 1 IN pieces
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 LB Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
- 8 OZ Pasta, Of your choice
- 1 TBLS Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 9 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More About The Author
I love to cook for my family, and they love me cooking for them. I enjoy experimenting with new recipes any chance I get. If they're successful, I try to post them on my hubs to share with others!
I'm a young mom (well, kind of) of three and a happily devoted wife to a hard working man. Nothing brings our family together at the end of our busy days quite like dinner! That's why it's important to me that my meals taste good and that it's something everyone will look forward to and enjoy.
Family time is necessary, no matter how busy our schedules can be. If you're struggling to find the time and/or energy to spend with your family, try some of these ideas:
- Cook Together: Most children love to cook with their parents when they are given the chance, and having them help has been proven to increase their chances of eating vegetables! Spouses can help, too. More than likely, we've ALL had a long day some how.
- Eat Together: Everyone needs to eat, so why not do it together? Tip: Turn the TV off and you might actually talk to each other, too!
- Take Walks Together: It may sound exhausting after a long day of work, but a simple-paced walk is more unwinding and relaxing than it is strenuous. Promote healthy living and fresh air with your family, and don't forget to recap your days to each other during that walk!
- Get Out Of The House: You don't have to be gone all night, but sometimes getting away from the house is important to do as a family (not just individually). Go for a bike ride, watch the sunset somewhere, explore a local park, or if the sun is already down go have a scavenger hunt in your local Walmart or Target!
The point is to get creative and enjoy your family in the process. It doesn't have to be a lot of work, but it does take time; the most important time that you'll never get back. Thanks for reading my hubs and enjoy your Spaghetti!
Pasta With Asparagus
If you enjoyed this recipe and want some more, check out some of my other featured hub recipes:
As I said before, I love trying new recipes so if you have a good one that's near and dear to your family's heart, please share it with the rest of us in the comments below!