Pepperoni and Sausage Lasanga
Thanks to the fact that my children love pizza so much it's easy to get burned out and try to put a different spin on things. That's when I decided to turn my old ordinary lasagna into a pan of pizza pasta flavor. Now I have found this is an awesome dish to make for a crowd or just for the family. If I am entertaining guest I will make a chef salad for a side dish and fresh garlic bread for dessert nothing goes better with a pasta dish than a dark chocolate cake and cup of coffee with vanilla and Carmel creamer. I apologize in advance to my readers whom may enjoy a nice glass of wine with this dish unfortunately I don't drink. :) However please feel free to tell me what would go well with it so that I may pass it on.
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Pam No-stick spray
- 1 pound Itailian Sausage
- 1 pound pepperoni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 can tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, diced and undrained
- 4 tablespoons flesh parley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup romano cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Drain and rinse noodles in cool water to stop cooking. Spray large sauce pan with cooking spray. Heat on medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add sauce and Itailian Sausage. Cook and stir to crumble meat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is fully cooked and onions are soft. Drain meat well. Add crushed and diced tomatoeswith juice. 1 tablespoon of parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and salt. Bring meat mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ricotta, 3/4 cup romano cheese,eggs, remaing parsley, basil,and pepper into a medium mixing bowl. blend well and set aside.
- Assemble lasagna: Spray 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of meat sauce evenly over the bottom of the pan.Place 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce, top with 2 cups of sauce, 1 cup of ricotta cheese mixture, pepperoni slices, and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers ending with the noodles and top with the remaining pepperoni and cheeses.
- Spray underside of aliminum foil with cooking spray; cover tightly. Bake for 45 minutes. remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy