Pineapple-Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
Yields: 2 servings of 650 grams each
- 650 gram packet (about a pound and a half) chicken wings
- Canned pineapples
- Soy sauce
- Pineaple juice
- Red capsicum pepper
- Green capsicum pepper
- Yellow capsicum pepper
- Thaw out the chicken wings if they are frozen.
- Cut the wings at the joint between the drumlet and the wing.
- To make the marinade, mix dark and light soy sauce, pineapple juice, and crushed garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Poke the chicken with a fork and place it in the marinade, then leave it in the fridge for 2 to 12 hours. The longer, the better!
- Pre-heat oven. Line an oven baking tray with aluminum foil and grease it up a bit. Place the chicken wings on the tray and bake for 20 minutes on each side (40 minutes total).
- While your chicken is cooking, start on the vegetables. Pour some oil into a pan and heat it on low heat. Add the onions and cook them until they are translucent. Add the capsicum peppers and cover the pan to soften them for around 2 minutes.
- To make the glaze, pour the cut pineapples and pineapple juice into a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Add in some dark soy sauce and boil until it has reduced and thickened. (Cornstarch or flour may be used to thicken; use sparingly.)
- Once vegetables and glaze are ready, mix them together and add in the chicken. Put in a clean, new foil, and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Click thumbnail to view full-size