Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Pineapple upside down cake is a unique dessert in which butter and sugar are melted in a pan. Then pineapple and maraschino cherries are placed in the bottom of the pan. Cake batter is poured over the top and then baked. When the cake is still hot from the oven, the cake is inverted and served. The pineapple and maraschino cherries form a decorative layer on top of the inverted cake. Pineapple upside down cake is a beautiful addition to the table on Thanksgiving or Easter.
Rate This Recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3cup white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup milk
Putting it all together!
- In a 9X11 casserole dish add one stick of butter and one and a half cup of brown sugar.
- Put the casserole dish in an oven that has been preheated to 350.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the shite sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl mix your flour and baking powder.
- Next slowly add your dry ingredients to the batter as you continue to mix.
- Carefully remove the casserole pan from the oven and mix the butter and brown sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Place the pineapple rings evenly over the melted brown sugar mixture.
- Then put the merichino cherries in the center of each pineapple ring.
- Pour the batter carefully over the pan being careful to evenly distribute the batter and at the same time not disturbing the pineapple and cherry design.
- Place the casserole dish in a preheated to 350 degree oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- When finished baking carefully turn your pan upside down and remove the cake onto a platter. Now you can really see the beautiful pineapple and cherry design. This beautiful pineapple upside down cake is almost too pretty to eat!
More great recipies to try!
- Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats
Looking to put a spin on the amazing classic rice krispie treat? Try this birthday cake rice krispie treat recipe. Cake, sprinkles and rice krispie treats I dont think there is a better combo.
- Cookie Recipes Using Pineapple
Pineapple's sweet tropical taste is great for all kinds of baking, including cookies and cakes. Canned pineapple is available in all varieties including crushed, chunks, and rings. These cookie recipes use both crushed pinapple and candied pineapple.
- Wonderful Crumble Topping: for Crisps and Cobblers
Wonderful crumble topping can be used to