Pineapple Upside Down Crunch Cake
I don't cook like a normal person would I love to experiment and so far I have had no complaints... lol, I wanted to make something different but at the same time traditional for the holidays last year and as always looking for new ways to perfect my own recipes. That's when I decided to try out this "Pineapple Upside Down Crunch Cake"
- 2 boxes pineapple upside down cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cans pineapple rings
- 1 jar marishino cherries
- 1 bag chopped walnuts
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- first in a large mixing bowl pour both boxes of cake mix in
- next mix the eggs, oil, vanilla,and rum into the batter.
- next open one can of pineapples remove the rings from the juice and set to the side. mix the juice into the batter this will be the substitute for the water. mix until blended smooth and set to the side.
- on low heat take your butter and brown sugar and melt together once barely melted remove from heat stir gently and pour into your cake pan. Once the mixture is in take the chopped walnuts and cover the layer of butter mixture with them.
- now take your pineapple rings and lay on top of the walnuts cover the bottom and the sides of the pan with the pineapples. Cut the pineapples in half for the sides.
- next take and place the cherries in the center of each pinepple
- now pour your batter in the pan starting with only half the pan. if you have any extra pineapples, cherries or walnuts you can layer them in the cake.
- once complete pop it in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until nice and brown. always check with a tooth pick for readiness if the tooth pick comes out clean it's finished.