- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Pinkies: A strawberry brownie recipe
I love everything strawberry flavored and think the pink color is very fun, so I decided to try to modify a traditional brownie recipe substituting cocoa for strawberry flavoring. I wasn't sure if everyone would share my enthusiasm for bright pink sugary treats but they went over really well and everyone loved them!
Warning: These baked goods are very sweet. If you want something a bit less sugary, consider reducing the amount of white sugar added to the batter. This recipe is simple and delicious, a great alternative to traditional brownies.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Strawberry flavored Nesquik powder
- 1 1/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9X13 baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in a large bowl. Stir until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, Nesquik powder, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture until it's well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into your greased pan and spread evenly.
- Bake your pinkies for 20-25 minutes or until a utensil comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Let the pinkies cool and cut into bars to serve.