- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Pistachio Eclair Dessert - Drool-worthy dishes
What is your vote!
I will admit I have a sweet tooth. Not only do I love savoring the tastes of several sweet tooth concotions, but I love to make them as well. This recipe is one I have made on several occasions. However, I have learned my lesson. I will not make this unless I am taking it elsewhere and I know a good portion of it will be eaten by someone other than myself. This comes from experience as I have in the past ate half a cake pan all by myself, in one sitting.
Now don't judge! Once you taste this, I am sure you could eat half a cake pan all by yourself as well. In fact, you will wonder why you even thought about sharing this with others. So, for those of you not interested in sharing (like me!), I am sharing this recipe so I can eat mine ... and you can make your own.
A piece of Pistachio Eclair Dessert
- 3.4 oz Pistachio Pudding, Instant
- 3.4 oz French Vanilla Pudding, Instant
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 can Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Box Graham Crackers
|Serving size: 20-24 pieces per cake pan|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Nutrition Facts are based off of author's recipe and can vary depending on brand of products used for the prep of this dessert and the size of your serving. For accurate results, make sure you measure each serving size and add the calories based off of the ingredients used. This is only an estimate.
- In a large mixing bowl, add both pudding mixes to the 3 cups of cold milk. Wisk together until it is soft set (for about 2 minutes).
- Fold the Cool Whip into the Puddding Mixture.
- Line the bottom of a cake pan with the grahamn crackers. It should take almost one entire packet in the box for the first layer.
- Take half of the pudding mixture and put on top of the grahamn crackers.
- Covert the pudding mixture with grahamn crackers and repeat with the remaindder of the pudding mixture. The last layer should be grahmn crackers.
- Place desert in refrigerator for about 20 minutes to chill.
- After 20 minutes, melt the chocolate frosting in the microwave for 20 to 25 seconds. (Make sure there is no tin foil or metal on the frosting container - this can start a fire). Place the frosting on top of the dessert and spread.
- Put back in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
A Pudding Twist - Peanut Butter Banana Pudding - Are you a fan of pudding? Try this recipe for another twist on this simple staple.
Rotini Pasta Salad Recipe - Wanna simple recipe that is perfect for the potluck? Don't forget about this pasta salad!
How To Make the Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg - While making a hard-boiled egg seems so easy, it is also very easy to mess it up. This recipe is a no-fail for the perfect hard-boiled egg every single time!
Egg Salad Sandwiches and Other Sandwhich Ideas - Looking for a quick meal. Don't forget about sandwhiches on those hot summer nights!
A versatile recipe
One of my favorite things about this recipe is the versatality of it. Pistachio is one of those taste-preferences. You either love it or you hate it. Ironically, I love pistachio pudding but I am not a fan of the actual nuts. So, for those who don't care much for pistachio, feel free to play around with the recipe. I have done this with a chocolate and french vanilla pudding in the past. It was just as delicious. I have also done this using chocolate graham crackers. Now just imagine with all the different pudding flavors out there, and the different varieties of graham crackers, how many different types of desserts you can make.
In addition, this is not one of those recipes that require you to use the brand name of the products. For some recipes, using the generic version will produce an "off" taste. For this recipe, I have used generic graham crackers and I have used generic pudding and have not noticed a difference in the results. So feel free to experiment.
But the best thing about this recipe, plain and simple, is the taste! It isn't too sweet, yet is sweet enough to cure a craving. Yet, even with the incredible taste, when it comes to calories, it isn't over the top when it comes to desserts. So, if you do anything, make sure you try this recipe. It is one I can promise you will make over and over again!