Extra Sweet Kickin' Corn
This is a simple and quick side dish I created out of culinary boredom.
My family loved it and felt it made an excellent addition to the family cookbook,
which surprised me cause my kids don't like pepper.
This dish has a wonderful balance of sweet and spicy and can be prepared with
canned frozen or fresh corn.
What you need:
1 can of whole kernel sweet corn or 2-3 cups of frozen corn
3 tbls butter
1 tbls of honey
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
Pinch o' salt or Garlic Salt
1. Melt butter and honey in frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add the can of corn (drained). If using frozen add 1/4 cup water
3. Cook for 8-10 min on medium heat stirring occasionally.
4. Salt to taste.
5. Spoon, serve and enjoy.
Direction for fresh on the cob:
Increase butter to 1/2 stick
1. Melt butter and honey together in microwave or small sauce pan.
2. Whisk in cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Peel back husks of the corn, brush butter mix on the cob, and re-wrap ear with husks.
4. Grill or bake on rack in oven for 10-15 min @ 350 degrees F or until tender.
5. Remove husks and serve.
Sweet Corn links
- HOW TO PREPARE DELICIOUS SWEET CORN
For getting the best flavour of corns, corns should be juicy enough therefore select the corns accordingly. To bake butter flavoured corns ingridients required are--- Sweet Corns- 5 Butter-100 gms ...
- Barbequed Sweet Corn in Cilantro Butter
Corn on the cob is a family favorite. Some like their corn blanched, some like it with plain butter and some with assorted toppings. For mine sweet corn and the barbeque is a perfect match. The grill brings...
- Grilled corn three ways.How to best grill sweet corn...
3 ways to grill up some sweet sweet corn! A perfect excuse to combine smoky grilled corn with loads of butter and salt for a bit of summer indulgence.
- How To Keep the Sweet in Summers Sweet Corn
Here in the USA, sweet corn is bustin out all over. Whether you grow your own sweet corn or buy it, heres how to make sure the corn you eat in this wonderful season is fresh and full of sugar.