- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Pork Chops and Apple Cinnamon
Click thumbnail to view full-size
- Start by making your rice or any other side you'd like. Mom's Tip: Add about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to rice and it will never overcook. Perfect every time without the lemon flavor.
- As your rice is cooking, cut up 2 apples, set aside. I use Red Delicious because they're bigger and juicer. You don't want to use green. The sweeter the better.
- In a frying pan, add a dab of olive oil, place pork chops and set to medium heat on stove. Add seasoning if you'd like.
- Allow the pork chops to brown on one side, flip over and add the apples. Then sprinkle cinnamon over the top. How much you use depends on your sweet tooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, pouring it over the top, keep on medium heat for about 20 minutes uncovered.
- By now your rice should be done. Add a little olive oil to the rice and serve with pork chops, garnish with parsley and you're done. Total time shouldn't be more than 30 minutes, including prep.
- 2 Red Delicious Apples, Sliced
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, Sprinkled over pork chops
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- White Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, For perfect rice every time
- 1 Parsley, Garnish