- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Pumpkin-Banana Soup Recipe
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
One small pumpkin.
Four unripe bananas.
Around fifteen Irish potatoes.
Two large onions.
Two large tomatoes.
Four teaspoons of salt.
20ml of cooking oil.
1. Pour two jugs of water into a large, metallic bowl.
2. Peel the pumpkin. Split it into quarters, remove the seeds from the middle and throw them away. Dice up the pumpkin into small cubes and toss them into the bowl.
3. Peel the four bananas and cut them up into small pieces. Put them into the bowl.
4. Peel the potatoes and add them to the bowl.
5. Wash the mix and set the bowl of clean produce aside.
6. Grab a cutting board and cut up the onions and tomatoes.
7. Place a pot on medium heat and pour in the oil. Swish it around in the pot so that the bottom is fully coated. Leave it for one minute to heat up.
8. Toss the onions into the pot and stir. Allow the onions to turn golden brown.
9. Add the tomatoes and cover the pot for three minutes. Stir to ensure a thick paste has formed.
10. Add the mixture of bananas, pumpkin and potatoes to the pot. Stir and allow it to simmer for three minutes.
11. And water to the pot. The water should just cover the mix.
12. Increase the temperature and allow it to boil for one hour.
13. Turn off the heat source and stir the pot. Gently smash the potatoes, bananas and pumpkin. Do not mix it completely so that there are chunks visible.Allow it to cool then serve.
I would recommend avocado with this dish.
© 2018 Valerie