Quick And Easy No Bake Haystack Cookies
You will only need a moment to whip up these tasty fall treats. Kids of all ages will love the creamy butterscotch treat with a crunch! These quick and easy no bake haystack cookies resemble miniature haystacks. They are perfect for fall celebrations and a hit at any gathering! Let's get started!
One thing that is so great about this recipe is that it only takes a few ingredients! Gathering them together will take longer than the completing it! Be sure to read the entire recipe before you begin as it can get tricky checking to see what to do next!
You will need:
large bowl, medium microwaveable bowl, plastic spoon, wax paper, measuring cups
cup of creamy peanut butter
1 package oz. of butterscotch chips
1 package oz. of fried chow mien noodles
- In a large bowl empty the bag of chow mien noodles and set aside.
- Spread wax paper over a large area. This will be where you "drop" the cookies to cool.
- Then in a medium sized microwaveable bowl, melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave checking them every 15 seconds until you can smoothly stir them. Be careful not to scorch them.
- Gently add the peanut butter and stir til smooth. Stir quickly as it will begin to set up as it cools.
- Pour over the chow mien noodles and gently fold in until all the noodles are covered. Stirring roughly will break the noodles and will diminish the haystack look.
- Once the noodles are covered, spoon out "stacks" of the dough onto wax paper to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
See what I mean about quick and easy? They are really tasty too! This recipe is a very kid-friendly recipe and is easy to do with children. They will need minimal assistance from you - mainly in handling the hot dishes!
Please remember that many people are allergic to peanuts and this recipe can cause a reaction in those who are even exposed to the peanut vapors during cooking. Be considerate and it will keep everyone safe! Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Photo and Text Copyright 2011 Deborah M. Carey