- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Quick and Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
Everybody loves pizza. It may sound daunting to try making something like this yourself at home, but it doesn't have to be.
I chose BBQ chicken for this recipe because it's my husband's favorite and one of the more difficult varieties to make. I figured if you could make this, every other kind would be easy peasy.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it's so easy to make. You don't have to have tons of complicated ingredients, you can make something unique every time with the ingredients you have, and it only takes about 20 minutes.
Half and Half Option
Even better, if you have picky eaters in the house that like different kinds of pizza, you can easily make them all, half and half pizzas.
My favorite pizza is mushroom with extra mushroom, and my husband likes Hawaiian or BBQ chicken. I love veggies and he would rather not have any vegetables on his.
So I fix the problem, and give us both what we want most, by splitting the pizza in half. I put my favorite sauce and my toppings on one side, and I pot his favorite sauce and toppings on his side. This is great for kids. They can even make their own pizzas!
- 1 pizza crust, homemade or refrigerated
- 1 bottle your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a pizza pan by spraying it generously with cooking spray.
- Prepare your pizza crust, by either making my Homemade Pizza Crust recipe, rolling and stretching it out, and pre-baking it for 6 minutes at 425 degrees F, or removing a refrigerated pizza crust from the package and following the package directions.
- When ready, spread your pizza crust generously with your chosen barbeque sauce.
- You then have a choice. Are you a cheese on the bottom and toppings on top kind of person? Or are you a toppings on the bottom and cheese on top kind of person?
- For this recipe, I sprinkled the chicken evenly across the pizza first, and then spread my cheese across the top.
- Pop your pizza in the oven for about 12 minutes (just watch it closely).
- Cut it into 8 pieces, and serve hot. Yummy!
- My husband likes it with extra barbeque sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 slice of pizza|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Cholesterol 32 mg||11%|
|Sodium 440 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
My husband was so surprised! I was able to split this pizza in two and make a mushroom and green pepper pizza for myself.
Since making this recipe the first time, we've repeated it for several of our friends for dinner, allowing them to make their own pizza, and splitting one of our own. And we used my Homemade Pizza Crust recipe to make it that much better.
We had tons of compliments on not only my pizza crusts, but also on the fun and personal experience this interesting dinner idea gave them.
This would make a really fun party idea, allowing each guest, or couple, to come into the kitchen and make their own pizza. You could make it an assembly line, with a number of scrumptious toppings, a variety of different sauces, and even fresh pizza dough that they could roll out themselves, if you wanted to.
And imagine the possibilities making this with kids!
Yummy and fun! What more could you ask for!
How likely are you to make your own homemade pizza?
© 2013 Victoria Van Ness