- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Beef Stew
- 3 Red or New Potatoes, quartered
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Corn, (if frozen, pop in the microwave for a couple minutes)
- 2 14.5 oz Cans Beef or Vegetable Broth, (If you have beef stock, that's even better)
- 1 Medium-sized steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash Salt and Pepper
- Dash Worcestershire Sauce, (Optional)
- Any other Vegetables from your fridge drawer
- Bring to boil a medium pot of water. Meanwhile, cut steak into bite sized pieces. In a stock pot, warm extra virgin olive oil. Add steak, salt and pepper, and garlic. Cook until the steak is browned.
- Wash potatoes and cut into quarters. Once water is boiling, add potatoes and carrots. Cook until a fork can easily pick one up but it isn't mushy, about five minutes.
- Drain water and add vegetables to stock pot. Add beef or vegetable broth and any other veggies. Splash in some Worcestershire sauce to add depth of flavor.
- Simmer until ready to serve. Tastes great served with warm bread.