How to make muffins - Raisin and Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Why this recipe?
This is a really simple recipe for healthy breakfast muffins. Great if your on the go, or to busy in the morning to have a proper breakfast. Just grab one and go, or pack one in your lunch box. These are light and not to sweet but completely yummy.
They're great for kids too, but you can add chocolate chips instead of the raisins to make them a little more kid friendly.
Rate this Recipe
- 1 cup Rolled Oats / Oatmeal
- 1 cup Plain White Flour
- 1/4 Cup Soft Brown Sugar / Demerara
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3/4tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add the oats and the raisins and combine again
- Beat the egg, adding the olive oil and the milk
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until fully combined
- Prepare a muffin tin either by greasing the sups with a little butter or using muffin cups
- Place in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes - if your oven is a little temperamental like mine turn the tray around half way through baking so the muffins get equal heat.
- After 15 minutes check the muffins using a sharp knife, if the knife comes out clean they are done. if still a little sticky return for 4-5 mins more.
- Once done place on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy warm or allow to cool completely.
My Other Sweet Recipes
- How to make the perfect Rocky Road - A chocolate roc...
A great simple recipe for a yummy Rocky Road treat. Combining Chocolate, biscuits, marshmallows and other ingredients to make this great yummy treat.