- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe - Fettucine Al 'Alfredo
This simple pasta dish serves 4 and is ready in less than 15 minutes. It's a great option for a quick, tasty meal with family or friends.
- 50g butter
- 200ml double cream
- 350g fresh fettucine
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then add the Parmesan. Add salt and black pepper to taste and turn off the heat under the pan.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes. If using dried fettuccine, you will need to boil longer; about 10 minutes.
- Turn on the heat under the pan of cream to low, add the cooked pasta all at once and toss until it is coated with the sauce. Taste for seasoning and serve immediately, with extra Parmesan cheese handed around separately.
Things to note:
This pasta dish is delicious as it is, but you can add a few more ingredients if you fancy a change. For example, you can use this dish as the base for creating a simple carbonara using the method below:
- Chop about a handful of mushrooms.
- Chop a couple of rashers of bacon into small squares, say half an inch each side, and fry them along with the mushrooms.
- Add this mixture to the pasta and make sure it's well mixed into the sauce and fettucine.
Thank you for taking the time to read this hub. I hope you enjoy the recipe.