- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Recipe: Parshe Fish Curry (Dry)
About the Recipe
Today, I am going to share with you - a delicious recipe of Parshe Fish. The gravy (Curry) consists of, pure paste of yellow Mustard and Peppy Seeds. This recipe is highly enjoyed in West Bengal, India. It is popularly known as: Parshe Macher Jhol, in Bengali. It is a paradise recipe for all the fish lovers. The best fact about this recipe is that it is very simple to cook and take less time, with the lowest efforts and ingredients. Parshe Fish is also known to be one of the most nutritious fish. I bet, you will cook it in your kitchen, repeatedly, once you try to cook first time.....Enjoy the mustered aroma!!!
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 6 pieces Parse Fish
- 2-3 tbsp Yellow Mustard Paste
- 2 tbsp Peppy Seed Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- Sugar & Salt, As per Taste
- 5-6 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 5-6 Green Chili
- 1/4 th cup Coriander leaves
- Water, as required
- 1 Lemon
- Pinch of Kalonji
- Apply salt and turmeric powder on the pieces of Parse Fish..Keep them aside for sometimes.
- Add oil in a deep oak..deep fry the fishes, till they converts to light brown. Keep them aside.
- Now make a paste of 3-4 green chili, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Mix yellow mustard paste, peppy seed paste, Green chili paste, Tomato ketchup, Red chili Powder, Turmeric powder, Salt and sugar, altogether.
- Now add pinch of Kalonji (stilted green chili, it's optional) in oil.
- Add the mixture in oil and stir constantly in slow flame for 5-7 mins.When it changes it's color and oil separates out, add water for gravy.
- Add fish pieces and Cook in medium flame , till the pieces are tender.
- Garnish with Green chili, coriander leaves and lemon pieces .Serve with hot steam rice
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 30 g||60%|
|Cholesterol 75 mg||25%|
|Sodium 407 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- You can even sprinkle a few drop of raw mustard oil for better taste.
- Caution: Do not cook for longer time after you mix the mustard paste, otherwise the taste will be spoiled.
- One can use either or mixture of onion, ginger, garlic for different taste.
- For better pasting of spices t is advisable to add a few drop of water during pasting. Mind it, the taste of this recipe comes from the paste only.
- Try it with steamed rice and a bowl of salad, as a healthier combination.
Other Non-Vegetarian Recipe
- Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to ma...
Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to make Nawabi Murg Recipe --A mughlai dish...Hope you all enjoy it