Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to make Nawabi Murg Recipe
Follow me @
- Flavours And Spices
Share your recipe here :)
Oh it is so yummy, creamy and delicious Nawabi Chicken. I had tried the dish first time. My mom told me about the dish last week and I can't resist myself to make the dish in this weekend. Also I want to make something special for my husband because he was quite bored to have chicken curry on every Sunday. I was quite afraid but still thought of exploring the dish. last time I also made a Mughlai Dish i.e. "Mughlai Chicken", which was a hit and now the "Nawabi Chicken", a super hit, I'll say. Both dishes are rich but different, one is spicy and one is creamy (Achari).
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 4 people
Specialty and History of "Nawabi Chicken"
The specialty of this recipe is the usage of three rich and healthy ingredients, milk, curd and fresh cream. Besides these Shahi Garam masala, nuts, raisins are also included in this preparation. One more important thing, there is no need of water for the dish.
The word "Nawabi" indicates The Mughal Emperor ( rulers of East Indian States). Some people say the origin of the dish is Hyderabad, and according to some people it is Kolkata's Nawabi Chef family. It is a Mughlai dish and Indian Muslims made this dish during Ramzan (Fasting) in a large quantity.
More Yummy Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Chilli Dry Recipe | Chili Chicken Dry Recipe
A Most Common Chicken Recipe for all cook ...
- Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
It is one of the spicy chicken dish I ever made.The taste is awesome.Try it @ Home.
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
My relatives called me chicken freak.This is the first time I try the dish.I got this from my childhood friend
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Schezwan chicken stir fried, the chicken dish is very easy to cook, You get best result in microwave cooking.
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
Coriander Chicken , a spicy delicious chicken recipe
- Chicken Curry with Sweet Potato :A Healthy Indian Ch...
Chicken Curry is one of the most easy and healthy chicken recipe according to me
- 700 gm Chicken, Cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Curd, Beaten properly
- 1 tbsp Raisin, Socked
- 5-6 pieces Cashew, Dry Rosted Paste
- 5-6 pieces Almond, Dry Rosted Paste
- one and half tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp Shahi Garam masala
- Salt and Sugar, As per taste
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 4 pieces Gren chill, cut into small pieces
- 3 Onion, chopped
- Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil
- 2-3 tbsp Vinegar
- Clean the chicken properly.Sprinkle salt over it.Leave it for 5 mins.Add 2-3 tbsp vinegar ,1/2 tbsp ginger paste and 1 tbsp garlic paste.Mix well and keep it at room temperature for 1 hour.After that keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 hrs.
- Pour sunflower oil in a pan.Sauté chopped onion.When it becomes golden add rest of garlic and ginger paste.Stir well.
- Add the marinated chicken.Add red chilli powder and Shahi Garam Masala powder.Mix well cook for 5 mins.
- Add beaten curd and mix well.Add green chillies,salt and sugar.Cook for 10 mins
- Add milk,raisin and cashew-almond paste and cover the pan for 10-15 mins.Stir in between times.
- Check whether the chicken is done.Add fresh cream and cook for more 5 mins.
- The "Nawabi Chicken" is ready to serve.Garnish it with Fresh coriander leaves and green chillis.Serve hot with paratha or plain basmati rice.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 22 g||7%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 34 g||68%|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23%|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Nawabi Chicken /Nawabi Murg
Useful Tips about Nawabi Chicken:
## One can use lemon juice in place of vinegar.
## Cashew-Almond and raisins are optional.But I prefer because it enhances the taste and health factors of the dish.
## In real recipe, ghee/butter/dalda is used in place of sunflower oil( for making it more delicious), but I don't prefer this because it increases the calories.
© 2013 M K Paul
Hi nice to c you