Recipe: Rosa's Easy Strawberry Pie
Rate This Recipe
This recipe is excellent to use with all kinds of berries and fruit!
Before You Start
Difficulty Rating: Easy!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Total time 30 minutes
You will need a pre-baked 8-inch pie shell.
Chocolate Berry Delight
Give this recipe some extra YUM! by adding the following to the mix:
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
¾ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
4 cups strawberries
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring often to keep from sticking
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken
- Remove from heat and pour into pre-baked pie shell
Let cool to set while making meringue
2 egg whites
2 tbsp sugar
- Put egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer on medium
- Slowly add sugar and continue beating until foam holds peaks
- Scoop meringue on top of pie
- Bake pie for 7-10 minutes until meringue is golden brown
- Remove from oven
- Cool and enjoy!
Special "Thank You" to the wonderful Jade Arcade who had the recipe for chocolate pie and let me combine it with my strawberry pie :-)
Enjoy writing? Need a little extra cash? Want to join a fun, informative and supportive writing community?
© 2012 I Am Rosa