Recipe for Garlic Naan
Naan has to be served immediately after cooking. If you eat it after 1-2 hour, it might not be very soft. So prepare it only when you are ready to eat.
What is Naan?
"Naan" is a type of bread, mostly goes with Indian Curry. It originated in North of India and now its famous all over the world. When ever you go to any Indian restaurant you will surely find Naans, with curry.
It is made from all purpose flour and requires oven for cooking. Many people who don't have oven at home, use gas stove for cooking. The naan with garlic on top is called "Garlic Naan". You can also add sesame seeds on it (on top of Naan).
Please Rate this Garlic Naan Recipe
Ingredients for Garlic Naan
- 1 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- Butter, to apply on top
- 1 cup water
- chopped corriander (optional)
Instructions for making Garlic Naan
- Take 1 cup of lukewarm water, add yeast and sugar to it (Sugar helps to activate yeast). Then keep it aside for 5 minutes
- Take plain flour in a bowl. Add salt, yogurt, oil , chopped corriander and yeast mixture to it.
- Mix it properly. And make sure that it should not be very hard.
- Now cover the bowl and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.When the dough has risen, then only its ready.
- Now preheat oven at 250 degrees for 10 mins.
- Roll the Nan (shaped should be oblong). When it is rolled completely, apply slight water on it and place all the chopped garlic (water will help the garlic to stick).
- Now place it in oven. Turn the sides, if required.It will be ready in around 5 mins. Now remove it and apply butter to it.
- Your delicious Garlic Naan is ready. You can have it with all types of Indian curries!!
My recipe for the dishes which you can have with Naan
Chicken Tikka is not a dish with curry. It is a spicy grilled boneless chicken. But it is usually served with Naans. To know the recipe for Chicken Tikka, read on this hub...
It is a dish base on white gravy. If you know to make white gravy, you can add any vegetable or mutton or chicken and innovate the dish.
It is thick gravy made from spinach. It is very healthy and delicious dish which makes very good combination with Naans.