Cauliflower or Broccoli Cheese Soup Made Easy
Here is an easy cheesy treat the whole family will enjoy. Make it with cauliflower or broccoli. It doesn't make a difference. It's just good.
This soup becomes a Lenten meal when you add croutons to the finished soup or serve it on a Lenten Friday with a side of garlic bread.
Whenever you make this soup, it will become a favorite of the family and one that can be made without a lot of hassle.
- 1 qt - 1/2 gal. Milk
- 1 jar Cheese Whiz
- Califlower or Broccoli, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop a fresh head of cauliflower or broccoli into small bite size pieces. Place into soup pot with enough water to cover. Simmer until pieces are desired tenderness for eating. Use a colander to drain the remaining water from the vegetable.
- Add 1 qt. to 1/2 gallon of milk. Place on medium heat until milk coats spoon when tested. Return vegetables to pot and stir.
- Add enough cheese whiz to thicken slightly without becoming a paste. Cook on medium heat never boil this soup. Salt and Pepper to taste.