- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
Pasta N Eggi (Spaghetti With Eggs)
In our house this dish was pronounced as one word or pastaneggi. The recipe was a favorite of Nunny's youngest granddaughter and she demanded it year round even though it was originally made in the Lenten season when you were to abstain from meats on Friday.
This dish is perfect for those days when the snow is falling and you can't get out to the store because all you really need is a box of spaghetti, some margarine or butter and eggs to make this filling dish. You don't have to make a whole box of spaghetti but can make just as much as you need to keep your stomach filled during the snowy season. So keep these three things in your refrigerator and on your shelf and you will always a filling meal.
Long before that it was a staple for Friday because in Catholicism we never ate meat on Fridays.
This simple recipe is made in one pan and takes very little time to make. Some would call the taste bland so if you want you can spice it up with different types of cheeses instead of the Parmesan.
You can use different pastas to make this dish but the favorite in our house was No. 9 Spaghetti Noodles.
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 1/2 dozen Eggs
- 1/2 lb. Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Boil water in a large pot and make your spaghetti noodles. Drain some the water from the noodles once they are done. Leave enough water so that the noodles appear to be swimming in the water without covering all the way.
- Scramble your eggs and add to the pasta over a low flame with the butter. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over and cook until the eggs are congealed and take on a scrambled egg appearance.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and serve immediately.